Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Holiday Weekend Full of Art

Its been far too hot here to do much of anything outside. Southern California has been in the grips of a heatwave for over a week now. It sure isn't helping the firefighters north of me fight the biggest fire in the history of Los Angeles county. Now they have announced its arson. Many of the fires in this state are arson. Last year, my city here faced a ferocious fire. Many large beautiful homes were lost forever simply because there was "too much fire and not enough water". It was heartbreaking and...for the first time in the 31 years I've lived here...I had my things packed and sitting by the door.

So, what does one do on a super hot holiday weekend here? I don't know about the others, but granny here, is home with her watercolors and some good movies and the a/c running.

Some finished work:







with more in the works.

I so enjoy watercolors and I'm thankful to be able to do this work. I read somewhere that the great Norman Rockwell used to say: "being able to draw and paint is like always having a bag of lemon drops in your pocket." He was right...

Happy Holiday Weekend from

Grannygoodpaint

No comments:

Post a Comment