Thursday, August 27, 2009

Etsy, Etsy, Etsy, Etsy!!!!! Jump Onboard!


"The Gazebo in the Park"
5 X 7" Watercolor


Today I want to toot my horn for Etsy.com (pronounced like Betsy without the B). Any seller of handmade or vintage goods can open a free shop on Etsy. Then they can list as much as they want for only 20 cents a listing and each listing is good for 4 months! Not free but almost free! Etsians are helpful and their community forums are a must read - as is their blog The Storque. The economy doesn't seem to be bothering Etsy any since they report an almost doubling of sales year over year for this June and July!

I am trying my darndest to do without Ebay. Haven't listed there in weeks now and I'm concentrated on Etsy and next will concentrate on building up my Bonanzle booth.

Sellers...take the plunge! If you sell mostly handmade goods then try Etsy for everything else there is Bonanzle or eCrater. I recommend them all. Also...very important if you do decide to spread your wares around DON'T FORGET to tell your customers where they can find you ;-)



My painting for today is a watercolor just listed. Hopefully it will brighten your day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy with Ebid.net, it's very cheap and I'm getting some sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ollie - I'll go over there and see if it fits what I sell. Selling artwork is kind of a pain - it either fits in or it doesn't fit in at all.

    ReplyDelete