Looking for Free Tatting Patterns?

All free patterns are now on my tatting website:

Tatting Just For You


Click on the free patterns link in the upper right hand corner...and while you're there,
please check out my pattern books. Sale of those books keeps me on the internet ;-)

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Create Some Art - It's Good for the Soul


Luminous Red Poppies



Yeah....I know, "I can't even draw a straight line"! Might interest you folks to know that I can't draw one either. Very few straight lines in paintings and even then, there are rulers...so no excuse! They say petting a dog or cat is very tranquilizing - well, so is creating some artwork...even if that artwork is in needlecrafts, such as crochet, knitting, tatting, macrame...whatever!....and you don't have to feed artwork or take it for a walk. What I'm trying to say is CREATE SOMETHING - it will do you good!

Art has always been a part of my life, I was born that way. That is still no excuse for you not to try some on your own. Pick up a cheap tin of watercolor paints, a brush and some paper and give it a try. Youtube.com has many demonstration videos in painting all mediums. A cheap set of acrylics and a couple cheap brushes will do miracles for you. You can while away hours and pleasantly too. Take a couple of nightschool lessons in painting - here, we have them at our community center. Inexpensive but could open up worlds for you to explore. Can't afford paint and paper....pick up some crayons or colored pencils and a pad of cheap drawing paper and have a go at it. If you can't afford that then go to http://www.ratemydrawings.com and paint digitally - its FREE! Give it a try...that's all I ask.



My painting for today is "Luminous Red Poppies" recently sold on Overstock.com

1 comment:

  1. hi! ms.pat
    pl. see my miniatures at http://rbtata60.blogspot.com
    pl.reply
    Tata Rameshbabu

    ReplyDelete